Ranting about elephants… turn back now if you don’t to read about them!
When I get bored, I’ll sit on Pinterest many times. For some reason, I’m just in one of those moods that I want to do something, but I’m too lazy to. I mean, the Blackhawks (Hockey) are on and I’m watching them but still, I’m not like OMG right now (especially since the other team just tied the game).
My brother came upstairs earlier saying he was planning to get this extremely stupid tattoo on the back of his hand… this got me thinking, what about an elephant tattoo. They are my favorite animal. (WOO Blackhawks just tied it back up! Haha sorry but this will likely happen throughout this post).
I did find a couple i like but I’m also too ‘chicken shit’to let that needle repeatedly hit my skin… especially since one day I’ll love something and the next I hate it. I’m a very indecisive person…
So then I did some more looking and found some fun facts about them.
- They can live to 70 years old.
- Only mammal that can’t jump.
- Their BPM is around 27
- They can smell better than a dog
- They purr like cats.
- They cry, play, have memories, and can laugh
- They spend 16 hours a day EATING
- They’re afraid of bees and ants. Not mice.
- They can detect an earthquake before it happens.
- They have been known to save other animals that need help. And when they need help, they will find humans. (A 30 y.o that was shot by poachers walked to a safari lodge and waited patiently 6 hours till a vet arrived to fix his wounds).
Elephants are awesome creatures. One day I hope to see one. They are more like humans than most animals I believe. That’s why they’re my favorite. I think this shall be my next art work i will make… or try to…